The Leeds City Council core values and behaviours
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They inform the way we design and deliver our services and the way we all work and behave.
Our shared values help everyone be their best in a supportive, values based organisation. Our values are:
- being open, honest and trusted - I can be my best
- treating people fairly - I feel valued for who I am
- working as a team for Leeds - I'm part of a 'can do' team
- working with all communities - I make a difference
- spending money wisely - I make every pound go further
Recognition and reward are a core aspect of our aims to provide the best employee experience: supporting our people to feel like they count and are valued for who they are.
Recognition is a great way for everyone to communicate their thanks. It shows colleagues are valued and enables a strong team spirit with caring, supportive managers.
#TeamLeeds initiatives include:
- Peer recognition – our regular initiatives to recognise and show appreciation of colleagues.
- Awards for excellence – recognition of outstanding contribution of colleagues from across the organisation.
- Showcase Library – on recognition received for the organisation.