Making a real difference to people's lives
We pride ourselves on offering the best employee experience, with a genuine commitment to keeping our colleagues safe and well at work.
As a compassionate employer, we’re focused on your health and wellbeing, work-life balance and money and finances. We're here to support you whenever you need it.
To make sure everyone can be their best and feel like they count, we've designed our employment policies and practices to support your personal ambitions and circumstances.
Your health and wellbeing
Your health and wellbeing are our priority. Our support offer to colleagues includes:
- our employee assistance programme with free, confidential, 24/7 helpline service staffed by professional counsellors
- access to occupational health services
- supportive carers and parental policies
- generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- discounted gym membership
- peer support groups
To support you to develop your career with us, we offer:
- a competitive pay progression structure and leave allowance
- hybrid working arrangements and a flexitime system (subject to needs of the role)
- supportive staff networks and teams, helping to make us a fully inclusive employer
- flexible career paths with tailored personal and professional development
- coaching and mentoring with regular appraisals to help you be your best
- recognition for your hard work through our Award for Excellence and colleague appreciation schemes
- career defining and interesting work opportunities
- valuable work that directly impacts our city
- access to trade unions
Your money and finance
To help you make the most of your money we offer:
- the real living wage as the minimum rate of pay, including for apprenticeships
- membership of West Yorkshire Pension Fund with generous employer contributions
- annual staff travel card scheme
- low emission car lease scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- our employee assistance programme including money advice and budgeting tips, discounts with national retailers and a monthly payment scheme for home and technology goods
- staff deals with local businesses
Equality, diversity and inclusion is the heartbeat of our organisation. It is central to all that we do with our colleagues, our customers and our communities. Our staff networks will provide you with peer support, ensuring your voice is not just heard, but amplified across and through our organisation. They form a significant part of our effort to support priorities for gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability, carers, early careers and wellbeing corporate themes.