Earn while you learn, with Leeds' biggest employer
Currently ranked in the top 50 apprenticeship employers, we're proud to be a diverse organisation offering a range of apprenticeships across the city.
If you want to make a positive impact with the communities of Leeds, while gaining work experience with skilled teams, then our apprenticeships are for you.
I see an apprenticeship as being like the gateway to a career. It’s a great way to gain new skills while physically doing the job. It’s also an ongoing progressive thing if you want it to be, you don’t have to stop at the first level.
Jamie, Level 3 Horticulture apprentice
What we offer
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job, alongside studies. This is important for both you and the council, as it can help develop your work related skills, while helping us to build a better workforce for the future.
- opportunity to access buddy and mentor support
- access to an ambassador and an early careers network
- take part in a diverse range of staff networks
- gain mentoring support from experienced staff
- develop professional skills
- study towards a job related qualification
Your money and finances
- competitive salary and benefits
- access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- enjoy many discounts, such as cycle to work schemes
- receive childcare vouchers
- get an NUS Apprenticeship Extra Card (if aged between 16 and 18 years old)
The support from my manager and mentor during my apprenticeship have helped to develop my confidence in my role.
Aneesa, Level 2 Customer Service apprentice
Types of role
We have apprenticeships in lots of areas across the council, including:
- business administration
- customer services
- finance, including accountancy
- health and care
- highways, including civil engineering
- ICT, including Microsoft
- leadership and management
- trades including electrical, joinery, painting and decorating, plastering and plumbing
- other degree apprenticeships available
Find out if you’re eligible
If you're looking to start a career or develop new skills and want to earn while you learn, then come and join us!
To apply for an apprenticeship with the council, you will need to:
- be aged 16 or over (there is no upper age limit)
- be living in England
- not be in full time education while doing an apprenticeship
- be able to demonstrate our values and behaviours
Visit our job site to search for current apprenticeship opportunities and all job vacancies with Leeds City Council.