Westbourne Primary School
“Westbourne Primary is a good school with outstanding Early Years” (Ofsted 2016)
Salary- SCP 3-4 full time equivalent £22,737 - £23,114 Pro Rata: £18,217 - £18,519
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, term time only, plus 2 days, Pattern of Work: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am – 4pm, Wednesday 8:30am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:30 – 3:30pm
Start date- January 2024
Westbourne Primary is a large and popular school with just over 400 pupils situated in the heart of Manningham in Bradford. The school is part of the Priestley Academy Trust, a collection of six schools in Bradford who work together in the best interests of the children.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Teaching Assistant to work within our wonderful school. You will be a key adult who is responsible for making sure our children are happy, safe and achieve their very best. Part of your role will be to work alongside some of our pupils with an EHCP and deliver targeted support and interventions.
This is an exciting opportunity, to truly make a difference to the lives of our children and families.
We are looking for an assistant who:
- Is dynamic and strives for excellence every day
- Has experience and knowledge of phonics and childhood development or is willing to undertake training to develop their knowledge
- Can support children to become confident, independent and resilient learners
- Is able to work with some of our pupils with an EHCP and deliver interventions and personalised learning
- Is an excellent and creative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Is passionate about raising achievement and working together to provide the best possible education for our children
Please take the time to visit our school and meet our amazing children and staff. Our website and Twitter feed give you a real sense of how special our school is but nothing comes close to visiting us.
Benefits the candidate can expect:
- Incredibly enthusiastic children who deserve the very best
- Training and CPD appropriate to role
- Being part of a successful and supportive school community
- An exciting, well organised and vibrant environment in which to work
- A fantastic community of parents and children
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards for every child
If you feel that you would like to join our very successful, friendly and supportive team and contribute to the further progress of Westbourne we would like to hear from you. To arrange a visit please contact the school office Tel 01274 483138 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be found on our school website https://westbourne.bradford.sch.uk/work-for-us/ or requested from the office.
Closing date for all completed applications: 9am, Tuesday 5th December 2023
Interviews to be held on the Monday 11th December 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an online check, satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
CVs are not accepted for this post.
The above post is not a Leeds City Council vacancy and has been advertised on behalf of the relevant organisation. To apply please follow their application instructions.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK - either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.