Alder Tree Primary Academy
B3 (Actual Salary £21,996 to £22,522)
33.5 Per week, TTO plus 5 days (Monday 08:30-16:30 and Tuesday to Friday 08:30 - 15:30)
Here at Alder Tree, we are embarking on a journey, not only to transform children’s lives, but to work with all our stakeholders including parents, carers and the local community to ensure we are providing a world class education and giving each child the best possible start to their education ensuring that they continue their journey to become the very best that they can be.
We strongly believe that as we develop our vision and culture it will help us not only transform the lives of our young people but transform the local communities which we so passionately serve. Alder Tree Primary is a unique and very special place to work.
Alder Tree Primary Academy is part of White Rose Academies Trust.
White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
To complement and support the role of teachers and other professionals by undertaking work/care/support programmes which enables access to learning in and outside of the classroom for all students of all abilities.
To support the class teacher in the management of students in the classroom, and other senior staff including the Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO)on a range of teaching and learning experiences which deliver an appropriately differentiated and suitably challenging creative curriculum for all students, whilst meeting statutory requirements.
Purpose of the role:
To accelerate the progress of our students, ensuring that they can access the curriculum we offer through regular support.
To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility defined in this job description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To supervise and support students inside and outside of the classroom by:
• ensuring access to the curriculum
• encouraging participation in learning activities
• ensuring understanding of learning objectives and instructions.
• Assist in maintaining the behaviour of students throughout school and be expected to apply a common sense approach, as well as use initiative, in all matters relating to the conduct and behaviour of individual students, groups of students and whole classes.
• Ensure the safety, mobility (if required), hygiene and wellbeing of the students by making decisions within established working practices and procedures.
• Support with the development and implementation of individual education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes including gathering/reporting information to/from parents/carers as required including the safety and wellbeing of the students, therapy and medical intervention needs of the student and first aid.
• Prepare the learning environment as directed by the teacher for lessons, prepare and maintain equipment/resources including the planning of learning activities and assist students throughout the lesson.
• Provide clerical/administrative support- photocopying, typing, filing etc.
• Establish good relationships with students acting as a role model, responding appropriately to individual needs while promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
• Deal with any issues, immediate problems or emergencies that arise in line with school policies and procedures liaising with colleagues where necessary e.g., dealing with a sick, injured or distressed child.
The trust currently employs over 500 members of staff and is responsible for educating and developing almost 4,000 students between the ages of 3 to 16. The Trust consists of three secondary schools - Leeds City Academy, Leeds East Academy and Leeds West Academy, and welcomed its first primary school Alder Tree Primary Academy on 1st December 2020.
We believe the trust is a highly desirable place of work for an ambitious professional, who will be joining one of the most supportive and talented teams in the country.
White Rose Academies Trust is a member of Luminate Education Group. Other
members of the group include Leeds Conservatoire, Keighley College, Harrogate College and Leeds City College. The group provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly outstanding trust.
Closing Date: Monday 4th December 2023, 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 4th December 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday 6th December 2023
Start Date: 1st January 2024, upon successful completion of pre-employment checks
For more information, please visit our website at www.whiteroseacademies.org.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to email@example.com by the closing date. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and an enhanced DBS check.
Please note this role will involve contact with children and you will be engaging in regulated activity. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Please note, all shortlisted applicants will be required to declare any relevant convictions, adult cautions or other matters which may affect suitability to work with children. As a result of amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (exceptions order 1975) in 2013 and 2020, some minor offences are now protected (filtered) and should not be disclosed to potential employers, and employers cannot take these offences into account.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.
The above post is not a Leeds City Council vacancy and has been advertised on behalf of the relevant organisation. To apply please follow their application instructions.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK - either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.