ICT Support Technician
Band 8 (SCP 17-22)
37 hours per week, all year round
Accountable to: Academy Business Leader
Purpose: To provide a truly exceptional educational experience for all, by ensuring the academy makes the best possible use of resources through effective planning, considering all ICT and other resource implications.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Support both teaching and associate staff with ICT issues outside of the scope of the OLC managed service.
- To update and upload content on the website to ensure it is an effective marketing tool for the academy for all stakeholders including students, prospective students, staff, parents, other external organisations and prospective employees
- To work with the Academy Business Leader to ensure the website is fully compliant with Ofsted expectations and meets safeguarding requirements
- To ensure maintenance of the range of technical equipment such as, lighting, sound reinforcement, projectors, visualisers, printers, computer hardware and software as well as other performing arts related technologies
- Purchase and maintain ICT and AV equipment as required.
- Conduct and record regular inspections of technical installations and liaise with the Premises team / Business Leader on any maintenance requirements
- Book and prepare ICT equipment for use in the classroom, assembly etc.
- Ensure printers, projectors, visualisers remain in operation throughout the day.
- Ordering and stock control of projector bulbs, toners and other consumables
- Providing technical support in varying areas for examined and non-examined practical performances and lessons
- To support students in the use of technical equipment across the academy
- Provide technical support for school productions, parents evenings and assemblies.
- Whole school photography for marketing drives
- To maintain an up-to-date ICT asset register using the Every asset software. This includes new acquisitions and removals.
- To ensure all school ICT systems both educational and administrative are functioning correctly and effectively.
- To be the first point of contact for students and staff when signing out IT equipment.
- To be the first point of contact for the IDAAS system
- Prepare and maintaining equipment/resources as directed.
- To consistently implement all academy policies.
- To report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Headteacher.
- To engage fully in the appraisal process and take opportunities to develop by engagement in CPD.
For full details please contact Nichola Laidman, Headteacher’s PA - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, go to https://www.mynewterm.com/jobs/138087/EDV-2023-BVGA-14580
Closing Date: 2nd October 2023
The above post is not a Leeds City Council vacancy and has been advertised on behalf of the relevant organisation. To apply please follow their application instructions.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK - either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.