Class Teacher Grade MPS/UPS and SEN allowance
Green Meadows Academy, part of the Wellspring Academy Trust, is a generic special school based on two sites and four partnerships - Green Meadows Primary and Green Meadows Secondary are both based in Guiseley.
Our partnership sites are based in the following schools;
● Rawdon St Peter’s Primary School.
● Brudenell Primary School.
● Benton Park High School.
● Allerton High School.
Do you want to make a difference? We are looking to recruit a Class Teacher who has outstanding aspiration and a vision to provide children and families with exceptional educational opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a staff team who are committed to making a difference to the lives of our learners.
There is no doubt that this job will be challenging, however the rewards are significant.
Our Core Principles are:
● Excellence in teaching and learning.
● Knowledge and skills growth that is celebrated by the community.
● Collaboration with all partners in education and the community.
● Succession planning within the school and beyond.
● Providing an exceptional school experience for our children.
Every employee in Wellspring Academy Trust will ensure that:
● Every pupil enjoys good health and a healthy lifestyle.
● The welfare of every pupil is safeguarded and they know how to stay safe.
● Pupils enjoy and make good progress in learning, leisure and personal development.
● Every pupil makes a positive contribution to society by joining in, taking responsibility and playing a productive part in the community.
● Pupils enjoy social and economic well-being so that they have a good start in life and are able to achieve their full potential and, where possible, secure employment.
Working at Green Meadows Academy, the expectation is that every teacher should:
● Support the ethos of the school and to ensure that its main aims, of meeting pupils’ needs and raising their achievements, are met.
● Be aware of the needs of all pupils as they come within the teacher’s responsibility and to ensure that teacher expectations match pupils’ potential.
● Teach, as required by the timetable, throughout the age range.
● Have personal (or support others in) responsibility for a pastoral group.
● Prepare units of work in the relevant subject areas consistent with school policy. Units of work to be known as medium term curriculum plans.
● Ensure medium term plans and short term planning when required are available on request and are maintained for future reference.
● Maintain a personal teaching file and make it available on request to the Senior Leadership Team.
● Understand the purpose of Planning Preparation and Assessment time, and use it constructively as outlined in the Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
● Write and review ILPs which identify SMART targets and adhere to school policy.
● Assess and record individual pupil progress in accordance with the school’s policy.
● Monitor and record pupil attainment, contribute to the identification of ‘next targets’ and track their progress using assessment schemes adopted by the school.
● Prepare, write and co-ordinate EHCP annual reviews for pupils for whom they are responsible.
● Attend other meetings which are reasonably within directed time.
● Be a member of a department / key phase and work collaboratively in pursuit of the objectives of that department.
● Liaise with other agencies including medical and social services, as appropriate, with issues relating to pupils’ welfare. ● Plan for, and direct the work of teaching support staff.
● To identify the training needs of support staff working within the classroom and deliver appropriate training and development.
● Ensure that adequate information is suitable for supply and school-based teaching cover in the event of absences due to sickness or any other cause.
● Be aware of and operate within the policies of the school.
In Return We Offer:
● A commitment to you and your professional development
● Strong, supportive leadership and staff
● Wonderful pupils who will reward you with many memories that will last throughout your entire career
Please follow the link to make your application and/or for a full job description: Class Teacher at Green Meadows Academy | MyNewTerm
Closing Date 10th December 2023
Wellspring Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. All posts are offered subject to enhanced DBS checks. References will be requested and an online search carried out for shortlisted candidates, prior to attendance at interview.
Further pre-employment checks, including prohibition from teaching, childcare disqualification and section 128 checks, if deemed relevant for the role, will be completed for the successful candidate upon acceptance of the post.
All applicants need to complete the Equal Opportunities form. Please complete the attached link when submitting your application http://bit.ly/WATEqualOpportunities
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal records check from the country/countries you have resided in, if you are the preferred candidate for the post.
The above post is not a Leeds City Council vacancy and has been advertised on behalf of the relevant organisation. To apply please follow their application instructions.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK - either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.